17. 12. 2021 With the exhibition The Secrets of Fizine we would like to draw your attention to the importance of underwater archaeological research, the discoveries made and their interpretation, the great development in terms of techniques and methods of documentation, the protection of archaeological monuments and of cultural heritage in general. Several thousand small finds were discovered at Fizine, which are now kept in the Maritime Museum Piran and some of them are also on display in the permanent exhibition. Many of them may seem somewhat insignificant or mediocre, but with their origins on the distant shores of the Mediterranean, they show time and again that it is the sea that connects and provides a great window on a larger world.
21. 10. 2021 Lecture by dr. Nadje Terčon: "THE STINKY LAKE" HAS BECOME A SQUARE: Tackling infectious diseases in maritime affairs at a webinar for mentors of ZPMS historical circles in the YOUNG RESEARCHERS OF HISTORY program.
15. 10. 2021 On the morning of the 28th of September 2021, the book "Once upon a time Piran had a drawbridge" was presented at a press conference at the Monfort infocenter and in the evening at the Pastoral-Cultural Center "Georgios" in Piran. The book was published by the Maritime Museum "Sergej Mašera" Piran. Its author is the renowned expert on bridges Gorazd Humar who has gathered everything that has been known about the bridge. Digital models of construction of the bridge have also been included.
12. 10. 2021 The saltpans were the scene of a culinary show created in cooperation of the Koper Regional TV Program, the Maritime Museum Sergej Mašera Piran, the Italian Community in Piran, the Italian community “Giuseppe Tartini” Piran and the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia.
24. 09. 2021 You are kindly invited to attend an event on Wednesday 29 September 2021 starting at 17.00 in the Maritime Museum's Info Center in Monfort (former saltwarehouse) in Portorož, to the closing event of the " The culinary in the salt pans " project, organized as part of the European Cultural Heritage Days.
24. 09. 2021 The sword was randomly found in the sea just off Strunjan at the end of July 2021. The finder Uroš Dernovšek handed it over to the Maritime Museum Sergej Mašera Piran. The conservation will be carried out by senior conservator-restorer Ajda Purger. Radiographic examinations were carried out at the Department of Imaging Diagnostics within Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital. With their aid it was ascertained that the sword’s metal core was well preserved, with the remains of the sheath visible as well.
13. 09. 2021 In the Maritime Museum "Sergej Mašera" Piran, the exhibition "Anton Perko. The Slovene Painter in the Services of the Imperial Court ”, prepared by the Provincial Museum of Celje, recalls the personality of a large format and a man who had an incredibly rich and interesting life from a naval officer to a marinist and orientalist painter.
13. 09. 2021 At the initiative of the »Slavistično društvo« of Trieste, Gorizia, Udine, in cooperation with the Fishing Museum, the book by Dr. Nadja Terčon »Sava & Jolanda« was presented in Križ near Trieste.
06. 09. 2021 The exhibition "30 years of the Museum of salt making" of the Maritime Museum "Sergej Mašera" Piran is hosted in the Salt Museum in Cervia.
11. 08. 2021 The third event of the Saltworks culinary project was dedicate to the traditional preparation of minestra (soup).